Letting go isn’t the end of the world; it’s the beginning of a new life.
That is an anonymous quote which from the moment I read, I felt the connection.
Whoever said that may have felt the same hope in letting go.
Letting go is always equated with sadness, bitterness, frustration over failed dreams and just feeling of resentment on most cases. The year of the Water Snake, that is 2013, taught me alot about letting go and how it is not so bad after all. Surely, I have felt all negative emotions when letting go. When I look back at my year, I had been through major decisions of letting go. This is not the typical me, but due to that, I had been tougher, made of steel. Faith tested, faith empowered.
The year 2013, I have let go of my dreams, twice. I have had in my hands my dream, I was in it already. It was mine, but I
Regret is your enemy. When finally you let go, that moment you felt peace, that is when regret slowly creeps in. Regret questions you over and over if that is the best thing you had done. But as I mature, I realized that letting go is not a big bad monster that haunts you in your dream, it is regret-which you created in your mind– that makes it hard for you to move on.
When I have flashbacks, surely there were times regret wins me over. Why did I not continued? Why did I not fought on? I could have closed my eyes and went ahead. And the only answer I could give is that I wanted to be happy. In moments when you felt like Atlas, when everything is too heavy to carry, letting go is the best decision to make. That is what I tell regret, and indeed, regret vanishes in a flash. I feel lighter, I feel the burden gone.
Even letting go of the grudge and pain, I learned. It made me way lighter. When you are letting go of someone who has brought you some unwanted emotions, you felt free. I felt free. People can come into your lives and stay for years, some for a season and can bring you too many emotions.Yet, when they leave, you cannot cling on to those emotions they gave you. Those feelings must also go with the person that brought them. It is not for yours to keep and nurture.
I was able to do that. I may have not have quickly emptied all the feelings yet,at least 90% had left. And I felt I could breathe so much easy.
Let me list the valuable lessons I learned by letting go:
1. Letting go gives you back your happiness. You lost it while trying to cling on to something.
2. Letting go gifts you peace of mind. You breathe easily and sleep comfortably without any worries.
3. Letting go deepens your faith. When you felt you’ve lost everything, you still have faith.
4. Letting go makes you appreciate what you have. It makes you see and thank the things you took for granted when you where busy holding on.
5.Letting go offers you too many roads. You suddenly see the path to take, less bumpy, shorter ways.
6. Letting go pays you with a pot of gold. You lose some to gain more.
7. Letting go teaches you to worry less and be fearless. If you already lost something, you are brave to face anything, knowing you have nothing to lose anymore.
8. Letting go rebuilds your life. You start fresh, you are given another clean canvass. Do not hold on to an already full one.
These lessons worked well for me. They were all positive. Lessons that makes me proud. If anyone had been through a tough choice of letting go, be proud. You are now one notch tougher and wiser than your previous self or even others whom you think always have the stroke of luck.
I will stand by these lessons and say “I am thankful I let go“.♣